July 6, 2021

Up In Smoke!

11  comments

This past Wednesday evening, as we were ministering at a church in Knoxville, TN, there was much activity going on back home on the farm. We have a barn that was filled with about 140 round and big square bales of hay and many memories of tag on the bales throughout the years. Well, if you’re reading thus far you have probably guessed what happened! A round bale started on fire, causing the whole barn to be burned along with the rest of the bales. 
We are very thankful for the following:
1. That the wind was moving the smoke and fire away from our other buildings.
2. That the fire didn’t happen during the night when there would have been less chance of someone seeing and reporting it.
3. For the local volunteer fire departments (all six of them) that came to the rescue quickly.
4. That no one got hurt!
Three kind neighbors helped to move the hay out of the barn.
“The Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.”
Job 1:21

Tags


You may also like

Winter Tour!

Winter Tour!

A little of life!

A little of life!
Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked

  1. So sorry! Thankful with you that no one was hurt and no other buildings were lost. Very nice of neighbors to help at a time when all were not home!

  2. I am so sorry this happened! Praising God for His blessings that no person or animal was hurt. What a devastating loss though!

  3. Oh no!! I'm so sorry for that big loss! And those landmarks of memories are always so sad to lose as well! I'm so thankful everything else and everyone was safe.

{"email":"Email address invalid","url":"Website address invalid","required":"Required field missing"}